Thursday, July 16, 2009

INTERSHIP and randoms!

Okay, so I know I have done like 5 posts in one night when I could have just done them all in the same one, but I didn't want to!

The internship is going great! I am with our PR group Tuesday-Thursday and at the showroom Monday's and Friday's! I have learned so much and made some amazing contacts! I finally feel like this is something I really want! I have even decided that opening my own boutique is the next step so I will be working on that for the next year so I can get that goal checked off my list!! (store owner at 22 pretty impressive I think!! I knew all those business plans I did for DECA would pay off!!)

We are getting ready for the trade show August 1-3 out at South Seaport! (I can walk to work for 3 days!!) I am really excited for that! Plus we are getting all things finalized for FASHION WEEK!!! So that is really exciting! I am hoping I can come back and help since I will have helped to prepare it so I really want to see the final thing!!

Last week we had our Resort line shot by our photographer so I got to go out to Williamsberg (I must say if I do decide to come back and live here, I cannot live in the city unless it is in the village or Williamsberg! I felt so much more at peace out there! weird i know!) so I have now been to Brooklyn!

I also have been doing some PR writings this week! (I can't mention names or the company because I am not technically an employee and this is a public blog!) I must say it has been something I have really enjoyed!

I also can't wait for the Trade Show because after that my mom and dad will be coming out here for the week!! YEAH!! Bob in the big city! (I AM EXCITED TO SEE THIS ONE!!) But I am so glad I will get to show them around because I really am feeling like I can totally navigate this city all on my own!! Plus I will have them to help me pack all of my stuff up cause my flight is in the afternoon on the 8th and I can't really afford to miss my flight...so if I were the only one here to pack me up I would be screwed!!

I am so glad I got the opportunity to come and do this!! I know I really don't like the city but this has been such a learning experience for me!! I feel like I have grown a lot and I am finally figuring out what I want! But I am ready to come home! I miss my mountains and my car, and my family and the sasha bear! I even miss nester!! I think if I really want to pursue this path I will have to be in L.A.! (I am a West Coast girl!) I used to think I could always live in New York...but it's just not me! and that's what I needed to figure out before I actually moved out here with no turning back!

I only have 23 days left and even though I am excited to go home...I am going to miss it! I am going to miss the people I have worked with! Even though there have been some dramatic times...they have been my family for the past 7 weeks! I am really going to miss Ashley, she has been such a good friend and mentor to me! Even if I sometimes do regret taking this particular internship, I think of the great people I have gotten to work with, and great things I have done and if I had decided to go some where else I may have ended up just making copies all day for 10 weeks!

I also thinks its so crazy that the ward I decided to go to I knew like 1/4 of the people! Some I went to jr. high with, some I just recognized from other places, and even my distant cousin is in this one!! small world! Yes, I go to church! Who knew it would take moving 2,000 miles away for me to seek comfort in the church?? It is the one thing I wanted to do the first few weeks I was here and totally flipping out! My testimony has grown even more and my faith in the church has gotten stronger too!! The Lord works in mysterious and miraculous ways!!

Also I went to Color Me Mine and painted some things...a mug for me and S&P shakers for Kinsey and Justin! I was feeling stressed and needed a creative outlet! It's kinda weird to think that the last time I went to one was....with Jason (#2)....kinda got me thinking what if I hadn't moved to Cedar City...would we have stayed together?...and if we had stayed together...what would I be doing with my life...would I have come to New York...or would I have settled for something that made me feel like I was missing out on something?? Am I sad at the way things happened with us...YES...do I sometimes wish I could change what I did...ALL THE TIME....do I miss having that feeling of security....OF COURSE...do I miss him...YA...but do things happen for a reason...ABSOLUTELY...I can't regret the decisions I made...because I got to come to New York...and I had more time to figure out who I was and what I really wanted!


Well...I need to go to bed...seeing as its 2:00 here in the city!

peace and love
-whit-

**no I haven't seen any celebrities yet...if I had there would be pictures!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed though!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment